Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

Week 1 - Day 4 - Activity 1

In this activity we had to listen to Waiatas. A waiata is the name given to a traditional Māori song. After we have listen to a whole bunch of waiatas you have to pick your favourite one then say what you like about it.

My favourite waiata is called Rona. I liked this waiata because during Maori at school, we sing it and our school Kapa Haka sang during our school production and at other outside events. I also like this waiata because it is about a book named Rona And The Moon I also liked this song because it was very catchy and there is a dance to it that many schools learn.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mataio
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    Amazing work Mataio, Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mataio,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    What a great waiata! It's great that you know this one and sing it at your school. Do you enjoy singing? I love to sing, but my family is always telling me to be quiet because I sing too often!

    Could you tell everyone who reads your blog what the story of Rona and the Moon is about? It's great to know the meaning of the songs we sing. I think liking the meaning is just as important as liking the tune!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mataio
    Well done on finishing this summer learning journey activity. I like how you gave a description of what a waiata is and how you gave a link to a webpage which gave even more information about waiatas. Keep up the good work Mataio.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete