Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Week 1 - Day 2 - Activity 1


In this activity I compared wharepuni to my home. A wharepuni is a house that people lived in the 1800's. I have provided an image to show you what a wharepuni looked like. I found two similarities and two differences between the wharepuni and my home.

Differences
The wharepuni has traditional designs and carvings
The wharepuni has traditional statues as support pillars
Similarities
They both have doors and windows
They both have one story

3 comments:

  1. Hola Mataio
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    You did a wonderful job, Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mataio,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team. It's great to see that you've been working on these activities. Well done!

    Great work with this activity. I like how you have added a photograph picture on your blog post. This lets your readers have a greater understanding of what life in a wharepuni would be like.

    You've mentioned that a wharepuni has designs and carvings on it. Why was that? I know I don't have any carvings on my house!

    I think staying in a wharepuni would be quite a lot of fun and very different from living at my house. Would you like to stay in a wharepuni one day?

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mataio
    Great job on completing this summer learning journey activity. I wonder what the traditional carvings/designs stand for - maybe they special to the owner of the wharepuni? Keep up the excellent work Mataio!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete