Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Week 1 - Day 1 - Activity 2

In this activity I am traveling to New Zealand by waka. I wrote a short letter to my friend telling them about my voyage to New Zealand and how I feel about moving countries. In my short letter I tried to describe everything I would see.


Hi, my voyage to New Zealand is amazing. The water sparkles under the dazzling bright light of the sun. The mountains are breathtaking. I was very nervous before I left. We just arrived on land the sand is so soft but it is burning my feet. I see all the native trees. I wish you could be here.
Sincerely, Mataio


3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Mataio

    Wonderful work on this, you are really talented. What was your favourite part about this task?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mataio,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    You have written a great letter here well done. I really like how you have described the way the sun gleams on the water. A lot of the settlers would have been nervous I think! But they also would have been excited. What are some of the things settlers would have been excited about? I think they would be excited about discovering a new land!

    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mataio
    Good job on finishing this summer learning journey activity. Your letter is pretty good. If you were in this situation in real life, which one of your friends would you write to. Keep up the awesome work.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete