Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

Week 1 - Day 3 - Activity 2

In this activity I did a pepeha. A pepeha is used to talk about your family or ancestory. I used it to talk about my family. In this pepeha I put: Where I come from, who my parent are, my name, the mountain I affiliate with and the river that I affiliate with.

Ko Poneke Maunga te maunga - The mountain that I affiliate to is Mount Wellington
Ko Tamaki River te awa - The river that I affiliate to is Tamaki River
Ko ahau mai i samoa - I am from Samoa
Ko oku mātua he haurangi me te mata - My parents are Janice and Sio
Ko toku ingoa he mataio - My name is Mataio

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mataio
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    Well done you are an amazing writer. What was your favourite part about this task?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mataio,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    You've made a great start on your pepeha! Well done. It can be very tricky filling in some of those gaps but you've done a great job so far.

    What I use for my iwi is Airiri (Irish). That's because my extended family comes from Ireland and these are the people I identify with.
    For my hapu, I use my last name (Simpson). I use this because these people are my immediate family who I belong with.
    Perhaps you could use some of these ideas to help complete your pepea? :)

    I think it's important to know our pepeha because it allows us to acknowledge our ancestors and also understand ourselves a bit more.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer. Keep up the good work! :)
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mataio
    Great job on completing this summer learning journey activity. Your pepeha is great. Just remember to check your work before you publish it because you have a few small errors. Keep up the excellent work Mataio!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete