Pages

Thursday 1 November 2018

Collaborative Comprehension: Battle Of The Somme


Today for reading we are learning about the Battle of the Somme. For this activity I worked with Carl , we worked collaboratively and helped each other to finished this task. I learnt that the war last 4 months/181 days and I learnt that the word catastrophic in this text means hectic or crazy. The Battle of the Somme, it was a battle between British and German but it started between French and German. French soldier order British army to help them beat German soldiers, but at the first day of the war many young British soldiers had died. The most challenging question for me was 'Explain in your own words what the British plan was?' because I need to make my own opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mataio, All the information on your blog is really clear and easy to read. The part I didn't understand is how there is 181 days in 4 months. You done a really good job at Explaining it in your own words, Good Job, From Jordan

    ReplyDelete